Thursday, April 26, 2012

Don't Cry Over Spilled Juice

JayGoo:
 So last night we were all sitting down to dinner when Drama Princess and Buddy were playing around at the kitchen table. After telling them repeatedly to stop messing around or you are going to spill your dinner and/or drinks and you will be cleaning that up with your own clothes. Buddy continued to mess around (pushing his plate back and forth, laughing, joking and playing) and spills his entire cup of red juice on himself, his dinner, the table, chair and floor.
 Can you guess what I did???
‎‎
LadyB:
 Well you probably went ape shit... I would have been pretty upset. They sure can push your buttons can't they?
‎‎
JayGoo:
 They sure can... They sure don't seem to learn not unless you follow through.
 I was so upset with him that I proceeded to make good on my consequence for messing around at the table. I walked over to him and picked him up and GENTLY  plunked him down on to the kitchen floor and started cleaning up the mess with his pants he of course was still in them. All the while Drama Princess was sitting there in disbelief as I am not always one to follow through on my threats of punishment

 I can almost guarantee that they will not mess around at the kitchen table again.

‎‎LadyB:
 Bwhaha - Yeah that is definitely one way to teach table manners. What did Bear say about your Renegade Mothering Skills?
‎‎
JayGoo:
 Bear was shocked at first but did say it was about time that I followed through on their punishment for bad behavior. I do have to say that punishment was learned as a child from my Grandma. I cannot remember how many times as a child I was threaten with "if you spill that I am going to clean it up with your britches", LOL - If only Grandma could have seen that
‎‎
LadyB:
 Grandma would be proud

No comments:

Post a Comment